She stood there lost in her own thought as the worship service was going on. I have seen that look over and again; the face of the wife whose heart, womb and hands yearns for a child of her own. I thought of what she was going through tears filled up my eyes. Not of pity but of compassion.
She was just an acquaintance, I had known for barely a year. "How can I reach her?" I asked the Holy Spirit to for the right words to say. I struggled within me as the Lord prompted me to speak with her.
"What if she scorned me?" My fears were getting a better hold of me. "I can't do this right now, Lord. Please give me time to pray for her" I begged.
As the music played on, my heart grew heavier. I had to speak with her. I was reminded of the scripture "the spirit of God will give me utterance".
Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: Luke 21:14
I beckoned her. As we left for a quiet place, I prayed in my heart. I was filled with strength and boldness. "How are you?" I asked gently as I reached out to pat her back. She opened up like a loose cannon. She was depressed and forlorn. She spoke all that was in her heart as I fixed my eyes on her without uttering a single word.
I was taken aback by how lonely she felt in the midst of the friends she had. As she poured out her heart, I prayed in my heart. I couldn't understand what she was going through emotionally but I trusted God knew what to do.
There are eight acts of faith for women waiting on the Lord for fruitfulness;
1. Pray and trust God for his master plan.
He has a plan and his will be done in our lives if we believe. He is prepared to give you a "Samuel" or an "Isaac". Don't doubt his promise for your life.
2. Write out scriptures that pertain to this and prayerfully confess them into your lives. There are a lot of scriptures regarding this issue. I took the liberty to write out some. Psalm 128:3, Isaiah 54:1, Exodus 23:26, Deuteronomy 7:14, Psalm 113:9, I Timothy 2:15
3. Your husband can stand in the gap for you in prayer. Isaac prayed for his wife and God answered him.
And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived. Genesis 25:21
4. Don't overlook your health exams. Prayerfully go to the doctors to do all the examinations necessary.
5. Seed sowing in the children's ministry as an act of faith. Giving opens up closed doors. You can also give to children within your family and neighbourhood.
6. Praise God with all your heart. When you have prayed and given, start praises. Praising God moves Him to do the supernatural in our lives. When the Israelites praised God, the walls of Jericho crumbled. Allow your heart be filled with joy at all times.
7. Make love with your husband and enjoy it. Don't make just love with your husband for the sake of making babies alone.
8. Build up your faith. Allow the Holy Spirit direct you. Some women have been blessed with their own kids by simply caring for adopted children, kids with less privilege, preparing your heart and home to receive a child.
Do you wonder how you can help these women in this situation?
Here is how:
* Reach out to those among us who are yet to have their own children.
* Pray constantly for them in our prayer groups
* Encourage them with kind words, messages and gifts.
* Don't assume they are okay; always show them love.
This was a personal story of someone dear to me. Thank God that after that encounter, God visited her. God has visited several of these women I know and will do much more.
Let us also do same especially to those around us and in our local assemblies.
Adapted from A Little R and R blog managed by Rosilind Jukic. Click here for the original post.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!